Friday, January 4, 2013

7 Quick Takes (vol. 13)

 ~~ 1 ~~

Happy Feast Day of St. Elizabeth Ann Seton! Do you know her? She's pretty amazing. She is the first United States born saint, was a wife, mother, convert, teacher, Foundress. Yeah, she's awesome. She's also my Confirmation Saint, so I may be a little bias...
~~ 2 ~~
So I got a donut pan from my wonderful boyfriend for Christmas and of course had to try it out.  So, I made these wonderful things.


Feast your eyes on Maple Bacon Donuts! I got this awesome recipe from www.jocooks.com and the only thing I changed was I substituted sour cream for the Greek yogurt. You should make them, but make sure to make extra bacon, I of course ran out, there never seems to be enough bacon.

 
~~ 3 ~~
I finally finished the Hunger Games series. They were very well written, I was frustrated with the ending (as were many people I talked with) but over all I thought they were good, disturbing, but good. I haven't watched the movie yet, but probably will, we'll see.
~~ 4 ~~
Have you read "One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are" by Ann Voskamp? It's good, it makes me want to live a more thankful life, to dig deeper into my faith and who I want to be. It starts out very sad, so warning, it's not a warm and fuzzy book.
~~ 5 ~~
My holidays were really great overall. Christmas was spent at my parents house with my 2 brothers. There was lots of food, even more sugar, games and movies, sparkling nonalcoholic drinks, and lots of good old fashioned family time.
~~ 6 ~~
On December 29th I road tripped out to Lincoln, Nebraska for my sister sister's family visit. It was wonderful to see all the sisters (she's with the School Sisters of Christ the King) and the event was held at the church/school that she teaches at (St. Peter's) so it was nice to get the tour of the school and see her class room.

~~ 7 ~~
  My New Year's Eve was very low key. I drove back from Nebraska all day and ended up staying with my boyfriend's sister instead of driving all the way home. We had Chinese and some great sparkling wine I fell asleep early but woke up for both ball drops (east coast and midwest).

   this is not the best way to take out a cork, but it did work and no one was injured :)

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's! 
For more Quick Takes, head on over to moxiewife.com who's hosting for Jen this week.

No comments: