Friday, September 13, 2013

7 Quick Takes (vol. 17) Awesome Recipe Edition

I have been loving all the fabulous end of summer/beginning of fall produce and (finally!) the awesome fall weather! Here are a few of the recipes I've made lately and loved (7 Quick Takes Style ;)
 
 ~~ 1 ~~ 

 So I canned peaches with a friend and this recipe was the perfect use for some of them.
These are great for a little handheld snack for football parties or other fall get togethers. Simple to make too.

~~ 2 ~~

Oh my goodness I absolutely loved this recipe!! The flavor was amazing and because the only chocolate is the little bit of Nutella on top it wasn't over powering. A must try if you're looking for a good use of your zucchini.

 
~~ 3 ~~
 

I made a smaller version of this for supper the other night, added some zucchini and black olives to the finished pasta and it was pretty amazing. (I used this awesome Italian pasta that I got at Pike's Market when I was in Washington, which just made the recipe even better.)
 
~~ 4 ~~
Fruit Crumble

So I am absolutely loving Daphne Oz's cookbook "Relish", that's where you can find this recipe. I am really into coconut oil at the moment (I found a bottle at Marshalls, who knew?!). This is a simple crisp recipe that you bake in single serving ramekins. Top with vanilla ice cream and they are awesome! I made it the first time with strawberries and rhubarb and the second with peaches and strawberries. Both were great.

~~ 5 ~~
 
These were a great pick-me-up snack that I didn't feel quite as guilty eating. They kept great in the fridge for a week or two. I left out the pumpkin seeds and flax seed and they were still yummy.

~~ 6 ~~
My Mom's Potato Salad
There are a ridiculous amount of varieties of potato salad. I grew up on this one and so I'm a bit biased, but I like it because it's simple, you can actually taste the potatoes and it's an easy base recipe if you want to add anything (plus it uses celery salt instead of celery, which is fabulous for those of us that aren't too fond of celery).
 
 
~~ 7 ~~
I don't have another new recipe that I've made lately (that I liked enough to share), so I suppose you get 6 instead of 7.



I'm off to Nebraska this weekend for some awesome family time. I get to see my awesome sister sister at her convent :)


I hope you all enjoy the weekend!
For more Quick Takes, head on over to Conversion Diary.

No comments: