Friday, February 28, 2014

7 Quick Takes (vol. 18)

Alright, so it's Friday (finally) and I'm super excited for a weekend...with no plans! Yep, I'm off to spend it with my fiance but other than that it's a clean slate. I'm excited. Here's my random list for the moment...

~~ 1 ~~
So I made these last night
http://www.momadvice.com/post/baked-blueberry-donuts-with-a-lemon-glaze

Yep, Blueberry Donuts. They're pretty great. I left off the glaze (I can't handle too much sugar in the morning) and the recipe made 1 pan (6 donuts) of the full size donuts and 1 pan (12 donuts) of the mini donuts (the minis I baked at 350 for 8 minutes). If you haven't made homemade donuts, you should. They're easy and oh so yummy.

~~ 2 ~~
 I finished "Dear Mr. Knightley" last night and loved it! This is the 2nd book in a row (the first being "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society") that I have finished which are the only books the author has written.  I want more, more from these characters I've come to love. Anyone else ever feel like that? 

~~ 3 ~~
There is a lot of cute wedding stuff and there is also a lot of ugly wedding stuff out there. Since I'm getting married at the end of the year I've been browsing everything from cake stands to floral arrangements. There's something to be said for simplicity.

~~ 4 ~~
http://margaretfeinberg.com/read-bible-40-days/#more-21706

Lent is next week. That's crazy, and also kind of awesome. I was talking with a couple of friends last night about how great the season of Lent is. I'm not sure exactly when I switched from dreading Lent and the idea of giving up something I loved to loving the idea of sacrificing so that I can grow stronger in my faith and closer to God. Whenever it happened, I'm glad it did.

~~ 5 ~~
So I'm on the search for lunches that I can take along to work in the morning (salads and wraps are great for only so long). Any favorites? This living 35 minutes from work put a stop to my going home to eat on my lunch break. 

 ~~ 6 ~~
 I'm ready for a road trip, a change in scenery. Thankfully I'm finalizing plans for a trip the end of March. Bring on the grown-up spring break (more sleep, great conversation, awesome new adventures).

 ~~ 7 ~~
Have an awesome weekend! It's Friday Night! Does anyone else ever miss TGIF on ABC?  I'm sure the shows wouldn't be as good if I watched them again, but still, best night ever!

For more Quick Takes, head on over to Conversion Diary.
http://www.conversiondiary.com/2014/02/7-quick-takes-about-man-voice-last-minute-travel-and-recording-your-audiobook-in-a-bad-accent.html