Wednesday, February 8, 2012

A Lovely Bit of Baking


So Valentine's Day is coming up and I've been doing a bit of baking, imagine that :) I do love holidays and despite all the Hallmark-hype I still love Valentine's Day. Looking back I realized this will be the first year that I haven't been single for this "couples holiday" but I've never been "bitter and single" either. Maybe it's because I always think of my Dad on Valentine's day, he'd always have chocolates and a great card at our place at the table in the morning so we always felt loved and special, it's a great way to start the day. So anyways, last year I made these fabulous red velvet whoopie pies for Valentine's Day. They were great. This year I tried a few new recipes. The cute little things above are brownie bites (check out the simple instructions here). They are pretty fabulous, but word to the wise, DO NOT USE CUPCAKE PAPER. They stick, badly and it's just not pretty.


The other lovely recipe I stumbled across were these fabulous beauties. They're chocolate and cinnamon and well, they're pretty great :) I hope you are all enjoying your February and the week leading up to Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Soo pretty Kim! I wish I could find some time to do some more baking. I feel embarrassed now about my frozen pie I served you.:)