Wednesday, June 27, 2012

What I've Been Up To

What I've been reading.









What I've been baking/concocting.


 Throw these in the freezer and enjoy on these hot summer days.

 Summertime Bliss
My own summertime mojitoish drink (adapted from this simple recipe):
  • 1/2 orange, cut into 3 wedges
  • 1/2 lime or lemon, cut into 3 wedges
  • about 1/4 cup blueberries
  • about 1/4 cup strawberries
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1 or 2 sprigs fresh mint
  • 2 1/2 ounces Malib.u (or flavored ru.m of choice)
  •  ice
Put the oranges, lime or lemon, blueberries and strawberries, sugar and mint in a shaker and "muddle" (or smash up) the leaves, citrus and berries by pressing them with a pestle or a wooden spoon until juicy and fragrant. Add the Malib.u and ice. Cover with a cocktail shaker and shake vigorously, or stir, until combined and chilled, about 30 seconds. (In general, by the time the shaker mists up the drink is ready.) Enjoy.

What I've been making.



I'm kind of excited for it to be finished, not excited to be cutting, ironing and pinning. The bottom is a table cloth so it's waterproof and has ties so it can be rolled up and secured :)

What I'm listening to (Music).

Punching Bag by Josh Turner (more specifically this song)


There are so many great songs on this CD, here's one of my favs.






What I'm listening to (books).

My favorite of the Chronicles of Narnia series so far.

Hilarious, loved it!



What I've been doing to enjoy the Season of Summer.

Biking

Finding new parks to frequent

Concerts on the Square

Farmer's Markets

Long Walks

Ice Cream

Sitting on my little patio block of cement with a glass of ice tea and a good book

Visiting friends and family/Road Trips



Alright, that's the "DL" on me (are people even saying DL anymore?). I hope you are all enjoying a fun kind of busy summer!

No comments: