So it's been crazy, to say the least, around here. I've had some fun in the sun, still can't believe June is halfway over. Seriously! Celebrated the life of an amazing priest who passed away last week. Been trying to schedule all the must do summer activities (baseball games, canoeing, hiking, biking, concerts on the square, road trips, etc.). I've been enjoying some fresh herbs, fruit and veggies from my little patio garden and the amazing local farmer's markets. So I suppose I'm trying to make the most of the summer, because that's what summers are for :) Alright, since it is Thursday and I do have so many things to be thankful for, here's my list.
At this moment I am thankful for...
(1) An amazing woman's book study group. We have a small group of 6 amazing women who are currently reading "The Authentic Catholic Woman" by Genevieve Kineke. We have had some great discussions on faith and life in general.
(2) Opportunities. Saturday I was able to go paddle boarding (which was fun to try, and I'm glad I went, but I don't think it's my thing). I am so blessed to live in a place and have the means to so many avenues, whether it be outdoor activities, concerts, speakers, art shows, the list goes on and on.
(3) Fr. Pat. This wonderful man was a priest at the parish I work at for 21 years and after he retired he continued to do at least one weekend Mass here each weekend for the past 10 years. He was an extremely intelligent and caring pastor who loved being a servant of Christ. He will be greatly missed but I am so blessed to have know him, even if it was only for a few short years.
(4) My happy little patio garden. I have a monstrous mint plant that has been put to good use lately, lovely cilantro, lettuce, basil, oregano, parsley and spinach. Fresh is always better :)
(5) Answered prayers. God is pretty great, He has a way of sending little reminders of how much we are loved and that He really is listening to us. Makes you feel loved :)
(6) Good Books. As always, I have a stack of books I've started and haven't finished. I am currently LOVING "Style, S.ex and Substance" edited by Hallie Lord. It's a pretty awesome book with chapters by various Catholic Bloggers, writers, etc. This review is awesome, read it then read the book.
(7) TV Series on DVD. So I love the fact that I don't have to wait from one week to the next, or the entire summer, for a new episode of a show I like. I don't watch a lot of TV, but I do have a few shows I love, so I am thankful that I can rent an entire season all at once. Shows I am currently loving include "Downton Abbey" (yes, it is as good as all the hype makes it out to be), "Mercy" (only lasted 22 episodes, but I still like it), "The Good Wife".
Alright, that's it for me. Enjoy the rest of your Thursday!