Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Outdoor fun

I love living in Wisconsin and getting to see lovely signs like the one above in the middle of the country. This sign tells you a lot about what is important up here and how far away it is. If you can't read the little brown sign it says "FAYETTE SALOON  FOOD & DRINK  OPEN TO EVERYONE" so there you go. Cheese, food & drink and pumpkins, all in one convenient little town just under 2 miles away :)

I spent a lovely holiday weekend at a friend's house on the lake. Did some kayaking, had a nice relaxing pontoon boat ride, and spent a lot of time enjoying the peacefulness of a weekend away.

I am excited for some fabulous outdoor fun in the weeks ahead. I am heading out on a day bike trip on the lovely Elroy-Sparta Trail, which I haven't been on since I was in elementary school. Also, I am hoping to do a short paddleboard lesson, just for the fun of it. Have you heard of paddleboarding? I thought it was a joke the first time I saw it, the Midwest form of surfing, but I've since changed my tune, and I will let you know, hopefully with pictures, how it is.

I hope you all enjoyed your weekend and are trudging along through the end of May. June is almost here :) My favorite month, for so many reasons. Happy Wednesday everyone!



No comments: