Friday, May 4, 2012

7 Quick Takes (Vol. 6)

No theme this week. Just the randomness of my life :) Enjoy!
~~ 1 ~~


This video is AWESOME! It's Strawberry Swing by Coldplay. Watch it and take in the awesomeness!
~~ 2 ~~
I get to spend some good quality time with my family this weekend and next weekend as well as see this totally fabulous friend of mine that is visiting the Midwest. I'm super-excited.

~~ 3 ~~
 How can you not love this guy?!

Last weekend I went up to Holy Hill for Cardinal Dolan's Thanksgiving Mass, which was wonderful, and enjoyed some great time with friends as well as a relaxing Sunday enjoying the gorgeous grounds around the Basilica. It was a great weekend.

On the Holy Hill Grounds.


~~ 4 ~~



I made these Strawberry White Chocolate Streusel Bars for our young adult group wrap-up and they were pretty great. Super sweet, but good and the best part was that I had all the ingredients on hand. Score!
Picture from tastykitchen.com.
~~ 5 ~~

The local Newman Center is hosting a Wine Fest tomorrow night, complete not only with wine tasting, but also beer tasting and food stations. It's one of their main fundraisers and I hear there will be close to 300 people there. I am excited to check it out, enjoy the company, food and drinks and hopefully a wonderful overall evening.
~~ 6 ~~
I am loving that it's garage sale season. I have already picked up some great stuff, such as the vinyl album above. Love it! It is such a peppy album.

~~ 7 ~~


I finished listening to The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis and now I am almost done with Prince Caspian (evidently I am going through them in publication order verses chronological order, oops!). I actually like Prince Caspian better. I started listening to Invisible Man by Ralph Ellison but it was too much, a bit too real and depressing for my car rides so I switched back to children's books. Much better.
 


 Alright, that's all from me. Enjoy the weekend! 
For more Quick Takes, visit Conversion Diary!


No comments: