Thursday, May 26, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

So I've been a bit behind lately, but the good news is that the sun is finally out, there are glimpses of spring (finally!) everywhere and summer is right around the corner.

I've been digging a lot of the newer country songs that are out, which you should all give a chance, even if you're not a country fan, especially Blake Shelton's "Honey Bee", which I first saw on the ACM awards and fell in love with it. Also Jason Aldean's "Dirt Road Anthem" is just a fun summer song and something totally different as far as country music goes (also from the ACM awards, sometimes live really is better :). Niether, however, was upbeat enough for me to put the video up, hence the links, but the video below I think if perfect to get us all going on a lovely Thursday morning. It's still country, apparently I'm in a country mood today. It's Brad Paisley's new one, Old Alabama.



Besides listening to some good music, I made this recipe the other night (Bow Tie Pasta with Oven Dried Tomatoes ) and it smelled soooo good!


The oven dried tomatoes (above, before they were cooked) made my whole apartment smell fabulous for days. It's still got some tweaking to do, but all in all it's definitely a keeper. I've been able to get out and go biking and hiking and am itching to get out canoeing/kayaking.  I hope you are all enjoying the spring/summer weather! Happy Thursday!

At this moment I am thankful for...
(1) My fresh herbs :) I just used some basil the other night, amazing!
 
(2) Bubble Baths! I don't know why I don't take more of them, they force me to stop everything and just relax. We all need to do that every now and then.
 
(3) Volunteers. People who give of their time, their money, their gifts to help others in need, expecting nothing in return.
 
(4) Great co-workers. I am thankful that I can go to a job everyday and work with people that I respect, that can make me smile, that actually care about how I am and I what is going on in my life.
 
(5) Ireland! I am so so so greatful that I had the opportunity to visit such an amazing country. Their history is so rich and so much a part of their daily lives, it's truly beautiful. And their patriotism is admireable, the rest of the world could learn a thing or two from the friendly Irish.
 
(6) Fresh cookies. There is nothing better than warm cookies out of the oven and add a bit of homemade icing and they are out of this world.
 
(7) Family. I've got a very diverse, very loving, very close family. I thank God for each of them and the strength and support that they continually show me.

No comments: