Thursday, June 9, 2011

A Beautiful Thankful Thursday in June

It's Thursday, the second lovely week of June and I am loving this month! I spent last weekend celebrating my 26th Birthday. For some reason 26 just seams so much older than 25. It's an age that I should start figuring out my life, start getting settled, know somewhat what I want to do. Well, I'll let you know how all of that comes along this year, I don't think I'll ever fully know what I'm doing in life. Thank God He's got it all figured out!

The weather has been pretty hot around here, so I've gotten to spend sometime on the lake, some time in the pool some time grilling out, eating ice cream, all the wonderful things that summer brings.


I helped throw a bridal shower for a friend (that's what the above picture is from, pretty fabulous looking group of girls huh?) and found the perfect cupcake recipe. You have to try it! Lemon cupcakes with cream cheese frosting. I left out the lemon extract, which left just a hint of lemon, just right. To die for! Love it and want to make it with Strawberries next time...

Alright, here's my thankful list, enjoy your weekend, mine starts today :)

At this moment I am thankful for...
(1) Good Catholic friends. I am so so blessed to have a strong group of friends that are deep in their faith and help me want to be a better woman of Christ.
 
(2) The country. I will always be a country girl at heart, I just need a little reminder every now and then, which means I have to leave my beloved city and go somewhere that I can walk barefoot in the grass and see the stars.
 
(3) Fresh Flowers. I'm a sucker for fresh flowers. I love the smell. Love how they brighten up a room. Love the thought that goes into them when they're given as gift.
 
(4) Family. I know I say this a lot, but I am truly thankful, not just for my immediate family, but my extended family as well. God has blessed with with such a wonderful group of people that love and support me and I don't know where I'd be without them.
 
(5) Thunder Storms. We had quite the storm last night, it was a bit more than I like (there was hail and tornadoes involved) but the thunder and lightening I love. At my parents house my old room used to have a sky light over my bed and I loved lying in my bed and listening to the rain pound the window. It's soothing and a beautiful reminder of the power of God.
 
(6) Good Customer Service. I dropped my phone in the lake over the weekend and had to get a new one. I was extremely thankful for the service I received, for the one on one time, the not overbearing, but attentive employee that answered all my questions and didn't rush me into anything. It's hard to find that now a days.
 
(7) Love. I'm thankful for love in all of it's stages. I love watching couples that have been married for 60+ years, how in sync they are, how they still tease each other, how you can't imagine them apart. I love seeing new mothers with their children, best friends goofing off, grown brothers and sisters still teasing each other as if they were kids again. Love is so important and so often taken for granted. I'm extremely thankful for all the love in my life.

No comments: