Thursday, June 16, 2011

Friday? Not quite...

It feels like a Friday, which is nice, I tend to like Fridays and weekends in general :) Perhaps it's because I have tomorrow off of work and the possibilities of what to do with that "free day" are endless at the moment, which just makes me happy. But it's not Friday, it's Thursday, so I'll leave you with my Thankful Thursday list as well as a fun song, just to share the love on this beautiful day. I love this song and Aretha Franklin does such a fabulous job with it. I put some of the lyrics below, just because we should all remember to live by them.

 Accentuate the Positive by  Johnny Mercer & Harold Arlen
 
You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

You've got to spread joy up to the maximum
Bring gloom down to the minimum
Have faith or pandemonium
Liable to walk upon the scene

To illustrate his last remark
Jonah in the whale, Noah in the ark
What did they do
Just when everything looked so dark...

At this moment I am thankful for...
(1) Good Conversations. I feel like the past week has been filled with beautiful in depth conversations with amazing people, both family and friends. I'm thankful for the intellectual level of many of those conversations as well as the honesty of the people involved.
 
(2) Root Beer Floats :) Root beer floats are such a summer staple for me I just love them.
 
(3) Good Books. As I shared in yesterday's post I've got some fabulous books I'm reading at the moment and a book shelf of others that still need to be tackled. I'm thankful for (as corny as it sounds) the places that reading takes you and the mere fact that I enjoy reading.
 
(4) Fresh Fruits and Vegetables. My parents live out in the country and so when I was home over the weekend I was blessed with wonderful things like fresh strawberry pie, fresh lettuce and a bag of peas. Everything always tastes better fresh out of the garden.
 
(5) Self Esteem. This might sound funny but I'm thankful that I have pretty darn high self esteem. Over the past week I've had a lot of conversations with people who struggle with self esteem (both women and men) and the issues that that causes in their lives. I, thankfully, don't have that problem. Maybe I need to work on humility...that's another discussion all together :)
 
(6) The Month of June. I've never really thought about my "favorite month" but for some reason this year I am just loving the month of June. I'm thankful for all that has happened this month, and to think it's only half way through :)
 
(7) The Library. I love the library. I'm so thankful there's a place that I can check out movies and CDs and books for free. Some place that is open to everyone. I grew up going to the library so there's always been fond memories attached to it. I'm thankful I've always lived in a "library district".

No comments: