Friday, January 21, 2011

California and a Retreat for Me

So I came into work this morning and it was, well, bitterly cold.  When I checked the temperature at 11:00 it was a lovely -2 degrees outside.  The sun is shining, which gives the illusion of warmth, but it's all a lie.  It's winter in Wisconsin and I'm trying to think of sunny California, walking along the ocean and not having to make sure every inch of me is covered before going outside.  The above picture was taken last June when I was in California for my sister's wedding.  It looks so pretty, so inviting, makes me want to jump on a plane and go visit.   They got married amongst the redwoods, it was gorgeous.


This picture, taken before their wedding, reminds me that I need to find some place for a quiet, relaxing retreat.  Somewhere amongst nature's beauty, somewhere that I can gather my thoughts, talk to God and once again figure out my life.  I think everyone needs to do that every now and then to reevaluate our lives, to make sure our priorities haven't strayed to reconnect with our Creator.  Not too long ago I read a book with a group of wonderful ladies called Every Woman's Battle and in one of the last chapters they recommended a number of different retreats.  If you haven't read the book you should find some good girl friends and read it together, there's also a guy's version entitled Every Man's Battle which I'm sure you could have guessed.  Alright, I'm going to go and plan my retreat now.  Happy almost weekend!  Oh, and go Pack!