Thursday, April 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday!

Yet another Thursday is her and almost gone.  Yesterday was absolutely beautiful here and I was able to bike in to work, which was wonderful! I just received my Amazon order yesterday and in it was a fabulous cook book that I love love love that my aunt introduced me to. It's a little dated (I think the copyright is 1997) but the recipes are great and the ingredients, for the most part, are things that I always keep on hand.  Anyways, you should check it out and pick it up if you ever see it at a garage sale or used book shop.  The title is...Taste of Home Low fat Country Cooking yes, it says low fat and yes the recipes are still fabulous. I made the strawberry iced tea recipe last night and loved it.  It's been a good week here, and hopefully a good week will follow!

At this moment I am thankful for...
(1) The ability to ride my bike, go hiking, canoeing or whatever else I feel like doing. I'm thankful I'm healthy

(2) Ice Tea. It just makes me happy and reminds me of summer :)

(3) Farmer's Markets. Our big outdoor one starts up on Saturday and I will totally be there!

(4) Fresh Flowers. A lovely lady that used to work in my office brought by fresh daffodils this morning and they are just so wonderful and springy. I love have flowers have the ability to make you smile, even if you don't want to.
(5) Friends. I know I say that a lot but I am so thankful for my friends, far and near that help me get through the day to day. That love me just the way I am. That make me laugh and feel loved. I love you all!
(6) Grilling out. Brats, burgers, pork chops. They are all fabulous. And even better when shared with a great group of friends/family.
(7) The Internet. I'm going on a little trip and I don't know what I would do if I couldn't instantly get all my travel questions answered. It's fabulous and we're spoiled :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yay Kim I love your blog! Now i have something else to read when I am bored at work!! love you! it was so great seeing you and cuddling with you! ;)