Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Friendship is a Beautiful Thing


Aren't weekends just amazing?  Last weekend was pretty fabulous.  I was blessed to be able to spend it with friends (2 Birthday celebrations and one lovely Super Bowl Party).  It is weekends like this that remind of how blessed I truly am.  When you think of your friendships do you ever sit back and marvel at the circumstances that God brought about to bring you into each other's path?  We may do this with a significant other, but not (at least I haven't) with friendships.  Friendships, like all relationships, take work, they take love, patience and respect.  As I look back on old friendships and think of new ones I thank God for His timing.  He knew exactly who and what I needed at each stage of my life and blessed me with individuals that helped me along my journey.  I am blessed with friends from elementry school through post-college, of all faiths and backgrounds, male and female.  Friends who listen, advise and correct but most of all who love.  Here's to all my friends, near and far, those I've talked to recently and those who I have lost contact with.  Thank you.  You have helped make me who I am today.

"A friend is one who strengthens you with prayers,
blesses you with love and encourages you with hope."

No comments: