Thursday, February 3, 2011

Moving + Conference = One Crazy Weekend

A lot has happened since my last post.  First of all, I am settled into my new home, a lovely one bedroom apartment with a great kitchen and plenty of room for all my craft stuff.  I am one happy girl.  The craziness of the move took place on Sunday (yes, I know that Sundays are supposed to be a day of rest, but there really was no getting around it, and I didn't move until the afternoon because I taught my very energetic kindergartners in the morning and then went to Mass for a bit of God energy).  It was such a fabulous move, and I'm actually being serious about that.  It was fast, organized, there was pizza, and most importantly, there was a wonderful group of friends that helped out.  As good as I've gotten with this moving thing though, I really hope I don't have to do it again for a while.  I like the idea of being settled, so let me live in my little fantasy world where I'll stay in the apartment I am no in for, oh, at least two year.

So in addition to my move last weekend, I also had the privilege of attending the Women of Christ Conference in West Bend, Wisconsin on Saturday.  Let me just tell you, it was amazing and very much needed.  The speakers were fabulous and included Immaculee Ilibagiza (and to tell you the truth, she's the reason I went.  Have you read her books Left to Tell or Led by Faith? If not you need to!  She is absolutely amazing.), Fr. Larry Richards (who was extremely straightforward and hilarious) and Helen Alvaré (a professor at George Mason University).  And the mast of ceremonies was none other than Vicki Thorn.  It's always great to be surrounded by strong women of faith.  To be encouraged and strengthened.  I do love being Catholic!

I hope you all had a fabulous weekend and I hope you enjoyed at least one snow day amidst this blizzard that has touched most of the country.

No comments: