Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

It's Thursday and the craziness of a packed weekend is quickly approaching. Tonight I'm off to Theology on Tap (if you're a young adult and are up for some good company, great speakers and a little something to drink then you should see if there is a local Theology on Tap for you to attend).


Over the weekend I made this lovely tomato bisque.  It was easy and oh so good on a cold wet evening.  I served it with sour cream, cilantro and grated asiago cheese.  The recipe is from the recent Real Simple magazine, which I love.  If you haven't heard of Real Simple you should check it out.  There are always great recipes, tips on organizing, great articles and, my favorite, product reviews (which iron is the best? which brand/cut of jeans should I really be wearing? which mascara truly stands up to the rigors of a day without clumping/smearing?)

Tomorrow is Friday.  Don't you just love Fridays?  They are so full of possibilities. They signifiy the end to a (hopefully) successful week. The start of the weekend.  I really do love Fridays, but let's not get ahead of ourselves, since it is still Thursday.

At this moment I am thankful for...
(1) The invention of the telephone and being able to hear the voice of loved ones who are far away.

(2) Memorized Prayers. They are so comforting when my brain doesn't want to work or I just can't find the words to say.
(3) Today's media technology. The fact that I can keep informed and even watch videos and view pictures on what is going on around the world is amazing. 
(4) Our leaders. Despite the fact that I may not always agree with them, I am thankful to live in a country where leaders are elected at every level and that there is a system of checks and balances in place...
(5) Tea. Hot or cold it's wonderful.

(6) Stickers. Random I know, but they just make me happy.  I used to collect them when I was little and am still trying to use them up. Add a sticker to the next card/letter you send. It's sure to bring a smile to the recipient.

(7) IT guys. Our Internet was down at work and I am so glad there is someone else I can call to take care of it. Someone who actually knows what they're doing :)

No comments: