Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Glimpses of Spring


I went south for the weekend. South as in Illinois south, I know that's not south to many people, but it was just south enough to see the first glimpses of spring. See the lovely flowers above? They were peaking out of my parents flower garden. Don't the first flowers of spring just make you smile? Besides going to my parents house and getting to spend a bit of time with them and my brother, I also had the sincere pleasure of attending a wonderful women's conference, the Behold Conference to be exact. I had many friends who helped out/ran the conference, so it was good to see all of them, but inadition to the many amazing women who participated in the conference, the talks were absolutely amazing as well. Jennifer Fulwiler from Conversion Diary gave a couple of amazing talks and two of the Sisters of Life from out in New York helped encourage us. It's rejuvinating to be around such strong women of faith and to hear their stories, their advice, their encouragement. It's truly beautiful. Below are a few pictures from the conference. 

A couple of my great girl friends from college.

Miss L. and me (my Godson's sibling)

No pictures of B., my Godson, he didn't think much of the idea of standing still long enough for a picture.  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!

No comments: